A Library plays a vital role in the search of knowledge. It serves as the workshop for the entire college – students and faculty alike. S.T.P. Govt. New Science College Library aims to support the teaching learning activity in the college and also provide the students updated knowledge and to ensure the optimum utilization of the available resources. This college library provides information and ideas that are fundamental to functioning successfully in today’s information and knowledge-based society. The college library equips students with life-long learning skills and develops the imagination, enabling them to live as responsible citizens.
The college library is small in size, but maintains a high standard. The total number of books in the library is near about 5000. It, however, includes varieties of excellent books. The library contains text books on ‘Science field’ as well as on other subjects, reference books (Dictionaries, Encyclopedias on different subjects, Atlas etc.) and general books. Apart from the borrowing facility, the library also provide reference services on demand user request.
In the fast growing information and communication technology era, a separate e-libray has been set up in the library with availability of 10 computer system interacted via intranet. E-library also purchased 42 e-books on various subjects after consultation with different subject teachers. Free Internet access to students and staff in the e library. A separate hub for internet access is installed in the library.
The only thing that you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library.
Albert Einstein (1879-1955. Theoretical physicist)
- To acquire, organize, preserve and provide information resources (in a variety of formats) that adequately support the curricula of the College and Institution and the teaching and research needs of the students and faculties.
- To provide access to the library’s collections in various formats most useful to clientele both on and off the campus.
- To create an environment that provides facilities conducive to study and research as well as in career prospects.
- To incorporate new technologies for supporting the objectives of the library.
- To orient users to become fully developed lifelong retrievers, evaluators, and users of information.
- To provide services that facilitate the use of the library to acquire knowledge.
Don’t hesitate to reach out with the contact information below for any assistance, or send a message/query using the form.